2023-2024 Return to School Plan
PULASKI COUNTY SCHOOLS
RETURN TO SCHOOL PLAN
• Continued Social distancing is highly encouraged.
• Buses and classrooms will be sanitized regularly and upon notification of verified COVID cases or other highly contagious illnesses.
• Persons with temperatures over 99.5 are to remain at home.
• If a student or staff member tests positive, they can return to school 5 days after onset of symptoms and absence of fever for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications, or per the recommendation of their healthcare provider. An additional 5 days of masking is encouraged but not required.
• Students or staff members in the same household, or someone who has had close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, will not have to quarantine unless they are also exhibiting symptoms.
We strive to maintain social distancing at all times during the school day in order to keep close contacts and exposure to COVID-19 at school to a minimum.
The principal or designee (administrator) will maintain documentation of verified COVID cases at the school level. The number of COVID cases should be able to be produced to the superintendent upon request if needed.